Propoganda

PROPOGANDA


One of the other groups presentations that really stuck out to me was the Awareness group. As a whole, I found that their individual topics were interesting, but I especially remember the section on Propaganda. I felt as though the examples that the group used were very fascinating and helped me to better visualize what exactly propaganda is. While I have heard of this and have seen a few examples in the past, I haven’t seen most of the ones that this group presented. Propaganda can be defined as “information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.” This inevitably has had a huge impact on society due to the fact its persuasive and captivating ways. Although this concept was revolutionized in the time of WW1, it has continued to be recognized as an election strategy in today’s political climate. 

(I liked how the presenter also showed us a bunch of examples and had us guess what they were from!)


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda#/media/File:AntiJapanesePropagandaTakeDayOff.png



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Online Footprint is HOW BIG?

Snapchat Shaping Social (Media)

8 Values of Free Expression